Whether it is time to spice up your home by replacing the wall outlet plates, or you need new switches, Live Electric can help. We offer competitive pricing and top-quality electrical services in York, Pennsylvania.
Replacing outlets and switches isn’t just about upgrading the aesthetics of your home. Faulty, old, or burnt out elements can be a serious hazard to you and your family.
Cracked outlet plates can become a trap for dust and a fire hazard. Hair, lint, and dust act as kindling as they build up in your outlets. Besides being a fire hazard, enough dust can lead to an explosion. If this is the case, our expert electricians can replace your cracked or undersized outlets or switches.
It’s worth mentioning that hotter appliances are more at risk of fires. This includes electronics such as video gaming equipment, home theater systems, and other hot items. Let Live Electric replace or install your electrics professionally and efficiently, so you don’t have to worry about fire hazards in your home.
The Importance of Proper Installation
Sometimes, a home’s outlets or switches have not been properly installed in the first place. One telltale sign that you need to replace your outlet is if it appears burnt or charred. This could be the cause of a hot wire that is not grounded which means the outlet will need to be replaced or rewired. We offer the installation of surge protectors and built-in testers to help prevent any more scary predicaments in your home. We also advise on replacing the wall plate at the same time for the utmost peace of mind.
Have you ever refurbished a room and completely painted over your outlet plates or switches? This can also be hazardous to your home, and the parts should be replaced by one of our experienced and qualified electricians.
Look Out for Overheating
When we replace your outlets, we will assess for overheating. If we find scorching connection slots, this means there is a worn-out outlet that needs to be replaced immediately to avoid any further dangers.
If you find that the screws holding your plates to the wall are hot, this is a sign of overheating and an indication that you are running too much power through the outlet. We can assist with installing outlets that can handle larger loads.
We also offer routine maintenance and services so that you sleep comfortably knowing your outlets and switches are in optimum working order.